This content has been updated. You will be momentarily redirected to the current version.


Moved! I now blog at http://www.saicharan.in

Friday, September 14, 2007

MinGW GProf with Eclipse 3.3 (Europa )

To use MinGW gprof with Eclipse, in the project settings, under complier, enable the gprof option. Further, in the Linker section, under command line, add -pg to your list. Build the program. Run the program and check that the gmon.out file has been created.

You can run gprof as follows:
gprof.exe .

You can run gprof from within eclipse by configuring the external tools:
1. Open the external tools dialog
2. Double click on program to create a new program configuration
3. Give this profile a name, eg. gprof
4. In the location text box, give the FULL path to the grpof command
5. In the working directory, choose: ${workspace_loc:/path/to/executable}
6. Arguements: ${file_prompt} ${GMON}, where GMON has been assigned the path to the gmon.out file using the variables button.


Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ब्लोग्गीं, और हिंदी मे!

हेल्लो वर्ल्ड!
गूगल ki गूढ़ विल से हिंदी मे ब्लोग करना बहुत आसान हैं। इस फेतुरे के लिए शुक्रिया!!! लव यू गूगल! कीप उप थे गूढ़ वर्क!

Please excuse my rustic hindi...I was just experimenting :) If you are unable to read the Hindi correctly, then please read this article on enabling Indic fonts for various OSs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Enabling_complex_text_support_for_Indic_scripts

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Routing and Remote Access Service Fails!

This afternoon, we were suddenly unable to browse the internet. Suspicious about the proxy server being down, I checkout from our main browsing computers. I was able to ping the students proxy.
A little more digging up led me to figure out that there was something wrong with our lab router that handles the internet traffic to the student's proxy; the main browsing systems bypass the router.
I disabled the routing service and set it up again. Though the routing service itself did not throw up any error, the event log had logged the error message. I was unable to browse even from the router itself. Also, the IIS server on the router also failed.
I restarted the system thinking it might help - but to no avail!
Checking the event log revealed that the Routing and Remote Access service had thrown up an error - Unable to add the internal adapter to the routing service - incorrect parameter. Looking at the event log messages for a few hours earlier, I hit upon a message saying that a duplicate name had been detected on the network. I then realized that this was quite likely since our server had a name Dell1, which was quite possible to be duplicated over the network since there were a plethora of Dell machines springing up here. So I renamed our machine and restarted - Bingo! it was running like a good ol' boy!
Lesson to be learnt: Event log is Holy Grail!.

Monday, January 22, 2007

This is a test post from Google Docs & Spreadsheets! If this works, the integration that Google is providing will be seamless. Just too good I should say.
One up to Google on their thoughtfulness.